Introducing CF Protein: An All-New Plant Protein Drink Designed to Take Your Surgery Nutrition Plan to the Next Level
If you’ve spent any time browsing the ClearFast website or scrolling through our social media channels, you probably know we’re all about arming patients with the knowledge and resources they need to take control of their procedure. Today, then, we’re so excited to announce one other tool in our arsenal: all-new CF Protein! A plant protein drink that’s as tasty as it is effective, today we’re talking all you need to know about the newest addition to the ClearFast family. Read on to learn all about this plant-based protein powerhouse.
What is CF Protein and what’s in it?
CF Protein is an all-natural plant protein drink that’s made from high quality ingredients specifically formulated to drink in the days and weeks leading up to surgery. It’s chock-full of tons of healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients and designed to deliver a powerful pre-procedure punch. Ingredients in our all-new plant protein drink include:
- Yellow pea protein: for its complete protein (containing all nine essential amino acids), promotes muscle growth, easily digestible, good source of iron, allergen free.
- Chia seed oil: for significant amounts of omega-3 essential fatty acids, its anti-inflammatory properties, and high levels of antioxidants for skin and cell protection.
- Coconut water concentrate: for electrolytes to promote hydration (potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium), blood pressure regulation, trace vitamin C to assist in wound healing.
- L-Citrulline: for aid in muscle recovery, increased protein synthesis, boosted nitric oxide and growth hormone levels.
- Mango juice concentrate: for vitamins C and A, high in potassium and calcium, promotes insulin stability, may lower cholesterol levels, a rich source of antioxidants.
- Turmeric: for reduced inflammation, hepatoprotective, antiplatelet aggregation, antioxidant, antimicrobial.
- Maltodextrin: for reduced loss of muscle mass, decreased anxiety and hunger, improved nitrogen balance.
- Lemon juice concentrate: for increased feelings of satiety, to help curb cravings.
- Filtered water: for hydration, less stress and/or anxiety, and decreased pain perception
- Stevia: for lower blood sugar, decreased cellular insulin resistance, increased cellular insulin sensitivity.
Why did you develop CF Protein?
Thanks to modern medical research and effective ERAS programs, we now know that fasting from midnight and arranging a ride home aren’t enough to prepare for your procedure. Patients need to mindfully prepare for surgery in the days and weeks leading up to their procedure, and part of that preparation involves having a solid surgery nutrition plan in place. Why? Ultimately it comes down to the fact that how strong and healthy your body is going under anesthesia is directly connected to how well (and how fast) you’re able to recover. Because of this, the same seasoned anesthesiologist who developed our flagship presurgery drink product developed CF Protein as therapeutic nutrition to support patients young and old on their individual surgery prep and recovery journeys.
Additionally, other options on the market aren’t plant based and all-natural, aren’t specifically designed and intended for presurgery use, and/or aren’t easily and readily available for purchase online—so we designed our plant protein drink to address all of those issues, because we believe patients deserve the best.
Who is your plant protein drink for and when should they use it?
CF Protein is for any patient who needs therapeutic nutrition to supplement their diet leading up to surgery. It’s also great for patients after surgery who can’t eat or have difficulty eating solid foods but who still need to get in complete nutrition in order to heal (oral surgery patients are just one great example of this). Because it’s all-natural and extremely nutrient dense, though, our plant protein drink is also great for everyday nutrition.
Overall, what you do before you go under the knife has everything to do with what happens after—and CF Protein is just one simple, proactive step you can take to help ensure a faster, smoother, stronger surgery recovery.