Whether it’s a minor procedure, major surgery or colonoscopy prep, ClearFast is here for you. Find out when you should drink your bottles of ClearFast with the drinking instructions below.
Find out when to drink each bottle
1. From the list below, select the calculator that best fits your procedure
2. Enter the time your procedure is scheduled for
3. Email the schedule to yourself for easy reference
- 1st Bottle: Drink the night before your surgery once you’re in the fasting window
- 2nd Bottle: Drink 2 hours before your surgery
- 3rd Bottle: Many patients choose to have a chilled ClearFast following their surgery
- 1st bottle: Sip simultaneously with your colonoscopy prep beverage; “Chase” each sip of prep formula with a sip of ClearFast
- 2nd bottle: Drink the night before your procedure (once you’re in the fasting window)
- 3rd bottle: Drink 2 hours before your procedure
- 4th bottle: Many patients choose to have a chilled ClearFast following their procedure
- 1-3 years or 20-34 lbs: Drink 4oz of ClearFast 4 hours prior to procedure; drink an additional 4oz of ClearFast 2 hours prior to procedure
- 4-8 years or 35-60 lbs: Drink 8oz of ClearFast 2 hours prior to procedure
- 9-13 years or 60-100 lbs: Drink 12 oz of ClearFast 2 hours prior to procedure
- 14-18 years or 100-140 lbs: Drink 12oz of ClearFast 2 hours prior to procedure
Always consult your physician about what is the appropriate timing for and amount of ClearFast PreOp that you should be drinking, especially prior to surgery.
ClearFast PreOpⓇ meets the ASAⓇ fasting guidelines for clear liquids up to 2 hours before surgery.