While we do not recommend drinking in excess, sometimes, hangovers just…happen. And sometimes, that is just…okay. The easy answer to not having a hangover is to stop drinking but we know this may not be realistic for some people who enjoy drinking. With that being said, we want to prepare you for your next night out and help you fight those dreaded hangover symptoms with CF(Rehydrate)®.
How much alcohol is recommended per day?
As always, we genuinely want you to look and feel your best. When it comes to alcohol, the Recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 1 standard drink per day for women and 2 for men.
A standard drink is defined as:
- 5 ounces of wine
- 1.5 ounces of hard alcohol
- 12 ounces of regular beer (5%)
What causes a hangover?
Typically, if you drink too much alcohol you may feel it the next morning. The more alcohol you drink, the worse the hangover is but some people have worse symptoms than others. But why do we get these gnarly symptoms after having a little too much fun?
Some factors that contribute to these feelings are:
- Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it increases urine output and, after a night of drinking, can leave your body extremely dehydrated.
- Alcohol causes an inflammatory response. This in turn can trigger inability to concentrate, memory problems and decreased appetite.
- Alcohol increases stomach acid and delays stomach emptying. This can cause nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.
- Alcohol may cause low blood sugar. When blood sugar is too low, you may experience fatigue, weakness, shakiness and mood swings.
- Alcohol can cause blood vessels to expand leading to headaches.
- Alcohol causes sleep disturbances which may leave you feeling tired.
How is CF(Rehydrate)® crucial BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER a night out?
As we have learned, hangovers are typically caused by dehydration as a result of too much alcohol. Electrolytes are keys to hydration. When you provide your body with electrolytes like sodium and potassium and minerals like magnesium, you can stave off headaches, fatigue and muscle pain.
CF(Rehydrate)® makes bouncing back a breeze with 32 fluid ounces of liquid that is concentrated with electrolytes. This natural beverage provides medical grade hydration, resulting in superior rehydration to sugary sports drinks or water alone. For best results, we recommend drinking CF(Rehydrate)® before and after your night out.
Why is water so important during a night out?
While in an ideal situation you would carry CF(Rehydrate)® everywhere you go, we understand that it’s probably not the case while you’re out dancing the night away. So, while you are out make sure to ping pong your alcoholic beverages with a hefty glass of water. This will be a game changer in how you feel the next morning. We know this can be difficult but it really makes all the difference.
So now you know how to best prepare for a night of fun- head to our website to purchase CF(Rehydrate)® to help prevent a hangover.