ClearFast: By the Numbers
|Number of studies since 1999 showing that patients who NPO fast before anesthesia
actually DON’T have an empty stomach (stomach acids).
|Average amount a hospital will save by adopting an enhanced recovery program.||Average cost of a hospital visit per day.||Average hospital cost to treat patients readmitted within 30 days of discharge.||Average number of inpatient
& outpatient surgeries and invasive diagnostic procedures in the
U.S. per year.
|Number of patients per
year that suffer from complications after surgery that are likely preventable.
Benefits for Patients
ClearFast can curb both preoperative hunger and thirst.
It clears the stomach in 60 to 90 minutes afer ingestion,
reduces residual gastric volume and acidity, and helps
reduce postoperative insulin resistance.
Proven through clinical studies and in actual use,
ClearFast provides many significant benefits for
pre-surgical patients, including:
- Decreases the hunger, thirst, and nausea typically
associated with fasting prior to surgery
- Decreases the stress on patients by eliminating
starvation resulting from NPO
- Decreases muscle breakdown by increasing glucose
uptake through the enhanced insulin sensitivity
associated with preoperative complex carbohydrates
- Helps decrease post-surgical infection rates
- Helps decrease patient length of stay in the
- Reduces Post-Operative Nausea and Vomiting (PONV)
Benefits for Patients
By prescribing ClearFast to surgical patients, you
are not only increasing the standard of care you
provide but the standard of care your hospital or
facility provides. ClearFast provides many benefits
for healthcare institutions, including:
- Helping them to comply with Enhanced
- Reducing the number of post-operative readmits
- Shortening patient LOS
- Reducing cost of care
- Reducing postoperative complications
(such as post-operative Insulin Resistance)
- Reducing the rates of postoperative infections
- Increasing patient comfort
- Increasing patient satisfaction
- Helping to improve HCAHPS scores
“As the Medical Director of a large and busy OPSC, the creator of ClearFast was focused on alleviating physical manifestations of the pre-op fast
including hunger, thirst, nausea, headache, anxiety and general discomfort as well as on the significant economic consequences of patients violating that fast.
While a fast from solids is rational, the prohibition of any clear calorie-rich fluids is counter-intuitive.”