We talk a lot about clinical nutrition here at ClearFast. So, today, we thought we’d break down everything you need to know about this all-important medical term—including what it is and the difference it can make in your health journey. Read on for all you need to know!
What is clinical nutrition?
Simply put, clinical nutrition is nutrition designed to support your medical journey and help you achieve optimal health. A clinical nutrition plan will take into account how your body processes, stores, and discards food for your overall well being—as well as your medical history and the results of any laboratory tests. Clinical nutrition is designed to support you with the necessary vitamins, proteins, minerals, and nutrients your body needs when your health isn’t at its best. It aims to help patients achieve a healthy energy balance and is used in both in- and out-patient healthcare settings.
How is clinical nutrition used?
That’s a great question! While the end-goals of clinical nutrition may vary depending on the patient, they’re always health-based. Some things it can be used to achieve include:
- Preventing diseases (By boosting “good” cholesterol and reducing unhealthy triglycerides, clinical nutrition can help decrease your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, and diabetes.)
- Optimizing your everyday diet
- Optimizing your nutrient intake
- Treating/minimizing/managing symptoms of autoimmune diseases or other ailments
- Increasing the chance of a successful surgery
- Enhancing/speeding up recovery after surgery
What clinical nutrition options are available?
When it comes to clinical nutrition, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution—but there is an array of options you can explore when it comes to working clinical nutrition into your everyday life. These include:
- Personal clinical nutritionist: Speak to a clinical nutritionist about optimizing an everyday nutrition plan that’s right for you. This can be an especially great route to go if you suffer from any health ailments or diseases and are struggling to manage your symptoms. A clinical nutritionist will look at your health history, the way your body processes nutrients, any allergies you might have, as well as your symptoms to help you create a custom clinical nutrition program designed to ensure you feel your best.
- CFpreop®: Developed by an anesthesiologist, CFpreop is a premium clinical nutrition presurgery drink designed to help your body easily—and quickly—get the nutrients it needs to enter surgery stronger and recover quicker. Each of its science-backed ingredients work together to decrease infection rates, lower feelings of anxiety, reduce post-op nausea and vomiting, and speed up your recovery. The best part? CFpreop uses only high-quality, all-natural ingredients—so you’ll never find dairy, gluten, synthetic ingredients, or artificial sweeteners in any bottle of CFpreop. Plus, its ingredients are ethically sourced and every bottle of CFpreop is formulated at the ClearFast lab in the United States to ensure unparalleled product integrity.
- CFprotein®: Our answer to the old, outdated clinical protein drinks that have been on the market for years, CFprotein is a super effective, industry-leading option for patients seeking premium clinical nutrition at an affordable price-point. A clean plant protein drink designed to get patients strong and healthy in the weeks leading up to and following surgery, CFprotein offers a quick, convenient way to give your body the premium clinical nutrition it needs to enter anesthesia stronger and recover faster. Supplementing a healthy diet with CFprotein helps you build a solid nutritional foundation for your upcoming procedure, so you can avoid going into surgery under- or malnourished. While CFpreop is designed to drink in the hours leading up to surgery (helping you get premium clinical nutrition in the critical fasting window), CFprotein is designed to drink in the days, weeks, and months leading up to surgery.
PRO TIP: While ClearFast drinks are anesthesiologist-developed and designed with surgery in mind, they’re also great for working premium clinical nutrition into your everyday nutrition plan—even if you don’t have a procedure on the books! Whether you’re hydrating after a night of overindulging, treating your kiddos to tasty hydration (sans artificial sugars and colored dyes) on the sidelines of a soccer game, or looking for a quick-and-easy way to meet your daily protein requirements—both CFpreop® and CFprotein® have an array of uses that go far beyond the four walls of an operating room.
Ready to start working doctor-trusted, patient-preferred premium clinical nutrition into your everyday diet? You can order CFpreop here or CFprotein here. And, as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to the ClearFast team at email@example.com if you have any questions at all. We’re always here and happy to help!