Protein is one of the three macronutrients that is necessary to include in your daily diet. Despite recommendations from different FAD diets, you need all three macronutrients in order to maintain your health, energy, and fitness goals. Eliminating any of the three macronutrients puts you at risk for nutrient deficiencies and illnesses.
What is the purpose of protein in my diet?
Protein has several important roles in our body. It helps you build muscle and helps you recover. It also helps repair your muscles and keeps you well nourished.
How do I incorporate protein in my diet?
Not all protein is created equal. One easy tip when choosing a protein is to choose lean protein over breaded or fried. It is also best to limit red meat to once or twice a week. Although red meat serves as an excellent source of protein and iron, it is also high in saturated fat which can lead to high cholesterol. Another tip is to incorporate fish 2-3 times per week. Fish is a great source of lean protein and certain fish like salmon and tuna can provide omega-3. Omega-3 helps to raise the good cholesterol, HDL.
It is also important to incorporate plant based meals when possible. One way to add plant based protein into your diet is with CF(Protein)®. CF(Protein)® has 13 grams of protein from pea protein. Pea protein contains all nine essential amino acids. It is easily digestible and has a pleasant taste and texture. Additionally, it is a good source of iron and other nutrients. Unlike other protein powders like whey, pea protein is not a derivative of milk so it can be consumed by those with allergies or following a specialty diet (vegan, vegetarian, paleo, etc.).
How much protein should I be eating?
The amount of protein you need is different based on many factors including, age, weight, height, activity level, among other things. To find out how much protein you need, we recommend speaking to your doctor or a trained professional.
What are the recommended uses for CF(Protein)®?
CF(Protein)® is an excellent product to consume regardless of whether or not you have a surgery on the calendar. A rich source of plant-based protein, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds, this nutrient-dense drink provides a concentrated dose of healthy ingredients to fuel your day.
Some ingredient highlights include:
- Plant Protein: Our plant-based protein is easily digested, with yellow-pea protein contributing a significant dose of amino acids that promote muscle recovery and repair.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates derived from fruits allow CF(Protein)® to deliver a rich energy source without the use of cheap, low-quality additives and simple sugars found in most protein drinks.
- Healthy Fats: Functional fats from chia seed oil provides a healthy dose of essential omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to help minimize inflammation and saturate the body with healthy fats.
- Electrolytes: Coconut water is an excellent source of essential hydration, supplying minerals and electrolytes to recover and revitalize from surgery, sports, or summer heat.
While CF(Protein)® is a great on-the-go snack or mealtime supplement for anyone, it may be particularly useful in supporting the nutritional status of certain people.
At CF Nutrition, we recommend consuming 1-2 bottles of CF(Protein)® daily if you are:
- An athlete (or particularly active individual)
- Underweight or malnourished
- Recovering from illness or injury
- Preparing for or recovering from surgery
- Following a liquid diet
For more information on CF(Protein)® and a complete list of ingredients and nutrition, please click here.
So what are you waiting for, get the best on the go protein now. Visit our website to purchase.